Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blog post 1

About me!

My name is Jasmine Stevens. I am 20 years old but I will be celebrating my 21st birthday this year! I was born in Virginia, thanks to my parents being in the navy. Even though I was born in Virginia, I have spent the majority of my life living in Mobile, Alabama. My mother is from Pennsylvania, and my father was from Mobile which lead us here. I only have one sibling, which is my younger sister Breana. My mother graduated from the University of South Alabama about 3 years ago, majoring in social work. My father died when I was 10 years old from a motorcycle accident. Since my father’s death it has been us 3 girls living at home.

 I graduated from W.P. Davidson High School in 2009. After high school graduation I went to further my education immediately. This is my second semester at South Alabama. I recently transferred here from the University of Alabama. When I left UA I honestly was forced to come to South Alabama! I am majoring in Elementary Education. My plans after graduation consist of joining the military or becoming a kindergarten teacher. My major interest are shopping, shopping, and shopping. I love anything that involves shopping or design. Something that I find interesting about myself is that I’m left-handed. I find left-handed people interesting because of the very few that are in the world.

Summary on Time Management
Randy Pausch’s video on time management was helpful in many ways. The main idea that I connected to in the video was asking yourself “why” you are completing a task.  The questions of why and what would happen if I didn’t complete these task are very important. If you ask yourself these questions I believe a person’s motivation to complete task would increase. When you know the importance of completing something you tend to want to complete it in a orderly fashion.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine,

    My name is Linda Garscha. I use to live in Tuscaloosa before moving to Mobile to be closer to my husband. It is definitely different. Im glad to hear that your mother continued her education as I am an older student continuing my journey. Before I forget, I know its not April yet but Happy 21st Birthday in advance. I unfortunately cannot share your passion for shopping but you and my daughter do love to shop. I can drop her off at the mall and she could be there for hours. You and my daughter also have one other thing in common, being left handed and yes I have to agree left handed people are interesting in so many ways.
    So what branch of service do you want to join and why do you want to join?
    I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know a fellow soon to be teacher as myself. Good Luck with all your classes and your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping...shopping...shopping...shopping has never interested me!

    Five of the last seven presidents have been left handed or ambidextrous according to Wikipedia. You are taking over politics in the USA!

    ReplyDelete