Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blog Assignment 4


After reading the Langwitches’s blog post Podcasting with First Grade, I learned more about podcasting. The younger students were learning to podcast in the classroom. The students were recording an interview and acting out the part of two characters from the current book they were reading in class. Surprisingly the students were very interested in podcasting. The teacher stated that the students were cooperative and attentive with the podcast.  The students were learning new skills in podcasting such as recording and editing. I found it amazing how this caught first graders interest and the skills they were learning at a young age.

The benefits of podcasting in the classroom is a video done by Joe Dale. This video is simply describing the different ways podcasting is beneficial in the classroom. Joe Dale states that podcasting promotes creativity and innovation. After reading about podcasting, I agree with the benefits that were acknowledged in this video. Students can benefit from podcasting in ways that they will not experience in any other way.

Judy Scharf’s podcast collection was very informative. I did not know anything about podcasts before reading this collection. This page describes exactly “what is a podcast” and “tips to succeed”. These two points were the most helpful to me. I now know that for my podcast I should do research on the software I will be using. Becoming comfortable with the software for podcasting is another factor that I learned is important.

3 comments:

  1. Your post is good and straight to the point. I agree that podcasting has several benefits that can help students succeed in the classroom. Podcasting does take a lot of work, but sooner or later we will get the hang of it. We have to learn to be comfortable with using this technique for us to succeed in it. To improve your post I would change sentence three. "They were recording an interview of two characters from a book that were currently reading." I would state, The students were recording an interview and acting out the part of two characters from the current book they were reading in class. Overall, I agree that podcasting promotes creativity and innovation. Podcasting is different from the usual techniques of learning, but it is fun to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine,

    Good job on the alt and title modifiers and clickable links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's Elisa here from http://osgapusgov.wordpress.com/! I think podcasts are a godsend, especially when I hear something intriguing on NPR and can't listen to the whole thing at the moment. Some of the colleges I've applied to use iTunes U to distribute lecture content via podcasts. I think more elementary and secondary schools should take advantage of podcasting so lessons are more engaging for students.

    ReplyDelete