Monday, February 13, 2012

C4T #1

I was assigned to Brian Crosby's blog, Learning is Messy. I really enjoyed reading his blog and the topics that were discussed. In the first blog post I read, he was explaining his use of technology in his classroom. His main use that I picked up on was Skype. He used Skype in his classroom to actually keep a student posted on work because they were unable to attend class. I left a comment explaining to him how amazing I thought this was. The way he used Skype with his students was diffrent from what I have seen before.
students using skype in the classroom



The second blog post I read was about an article that he was actually featured in. The ariticle was about students grades and that depending on if a teacher should keep their job.Brian Crosby was quoted saying: “No one says that poverty means that these kids can’t learn,” he added, “but that is the meme that is promoted. Instead, we need to recognize the problem, and like America has always been admired for, take it head on and solve the problem.” I commented on this blog post agreeing with what he was saying. Student have issues both at home and school, I believe it is completly unfair to only blame the teacher. We must look at other factors and fix them, instead of pointing the finger at one individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment