Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Assignment 8

Richard Miller- This is How We Dream

In the videos This is how we dream part 1 and 2, Richard E. Miller discusses writing and the changes it has had due to technology. Writing, publishing, and communication is all changing right before our eyes. Miller states that “we are living at the moment of the greatest change in human communication in human history”. He explains that this is the most important time for people who have the profession of reading and writing.

I strongly agree with Miller’s statements in these videos. Everything that we do is now technologically based and it is becoming global. As teachers our profession will consist of plenty of reading and writing. Not only are we learning this for ourselves, we are learning this to better our students. The future of our students strongly depends on us, therefore we must stay up to date with how technology changes. Reading and writing in the classroom will never be the same again.

I believe that I am still in the process of learning all of the technology features I will need to know as a teacher. The video explains how as educators we must be willing to not only learn new things, but share them freely also. Technology consists of so many things in education today. In the end we must learn more to teach more to our future students.

 Carly's #12 Blog Post
Carly’s #12 blog post was amazing. I could tell that there was a lot of time and effort put into this post. Her playlist by assignment consisted of many videos that she found inspirational. This was important because being an inspiration to your students is a key factor. Carly’s way of teaching meets the standards that Richard Miller was discussing in his videos. She states how videos, podcasts, and visuals can all be helpful. She has plans to use technology to benefit both herself and her students in the classroom.

the book edm310 for dummiesThe Chipper Series and EDM310 For Dummies
 After watching the two videos, The Chipper Series and EDM310 For Dummies, I thought of many ideas for my own video. These two videos were creative and funny. I believe a sense of humor always makes a video seem better. These videos had humor, but at the same time were informative.  The purposes of these videos were to catch student’s attention but to also inform them at the same time. In my opinion both videos did a great job at this. In creating my own video I would consider these factors to make the video interesting. In my video I would inform others of how important technology has become in our society.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

I agree with the points being made in the video Learn to Change, Change to Learn. The title speaks for itself. Many people have a problem with the way that technology is taking over the classrooms. We must face reality though. Our future students will not strongly depend on us for knowledge but on computers and internet sites. The video is explaining how teachers and schools are blocking out the use of technology when it is becoming a necessity in the classroom. The students were required to find information on the internet, but now they are expected to do “more” with this information. How they find information is not the factor anymore, what they are going to do with the information using technology I more important now. As teachers, we need to prepare them for this at an early age.  Technology is our future and so are our students.

Emodo
I found a social networking site that parents, teachers, and students can all use. I found this site very interesting because I did not know social sites like this existed. This site is emodo.com. This site is free for both students and teachers. It allows the teacher to post grades, assignments, and stay connected with the students. I think this site would be beneficial in my classroom. It is designed for students and teachers so the worry of outsiders is decreased. It also teaches students to use networking in a positive way for school.

My first comic strip

Here is my comic strip

My first poll

How often do you read a book?


  
pollcode.com free polls 

No comments:

Post a Comment