Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blog Assignment 9

chalkboard saying lessons learnedAfter reading Mr. Joe McClung’s post I had a more positive insight on the teaching field. The first post I read was from May 2009, titledWhat I’ve learned this year. At the beginning of the post he had a picture that said “An important decision I made this year is stay positive”. I absolutely love this quote in this picture. In his post he is explaining things that he has learned in his first year of teaching. Everything that he stated was very positive and encouraging. He never stated that the job was easy; instead he explained how to communicate and be reasonable. He stated that technology is our friend, and to not become overwhelmed by it. I clearly understood what point he was making.  We have to embrace the job of teaching and take it one step at a time. It will never be perfect, in the words of Mr. McClung. This is very true in every case. The second post was from the following school year, 2010.In this post he was explaining his changes that he had to make. I found this interesting because I never actually thought about the changes of grade levels. You have to be prepared to make change every year. He explained how teachers should not be a control freak. I learned from this section also. I thought of teaching as always making sure that I was in control. After reading this I understood that this does not have to be a major factor. He explained giving students jobs in the classroom such as handing out papers. Overall  I mainly learned to go into this field with an open mind, never be discouraged, and always be open to learning new things.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jasmine!

    I have enjoyed reading your posts and getting to know you through your blog. I agree with you that Mr. McClung had some very valuable insights for current and future educators. It is very important to keep a positive and flexible attitude while in the classroom. Each day is different and you never know what might be heading your way. As future educators, we are held to a high standard of writing by our colleagues and by the administration. This blog might be read by a future employer and should reflect the best you. You have very good ideas and I want to make sure those are made clear through your writing. Just be sure and proofread before posting.

    Best wishes in all your future endeavors!
    Heather Weaver

    ReplyDelete