Sunday, April 29, 2012

C4T 4

inspirational quote

My teacher for C4T for the last two weeks was Scott Jelias. Scott actually had very interesting blog post that I felt like I could relate to. The first blog post that I commented on was “Convening a Professional Study Group”. In this post Scott was explaining the problem with test scores in the schools and the way schools go about trying to fix this problem. He explained that most teachers go into panic mode trying to do anything to change the test scores of their students. Removing them from enjoyable classes and forcing them to work in those that they do not like, is not a good idea in Scott’s opinion. Instead Scott and his school is coming up with a professional study group. In this group they come together over months to try and figure what needs to be done to change these test scores. I commented telling Scott that I firmly agreed with the way that he proposed a plan to his employees. He presented the school with the issue and they developed a plan from that point. In the next blog post “PhocuseD 3: I’m doing this, why?” Scott talked about getting his Phd. He explained how getting your Phd is not an easy process. It comes with many task and thinking about why the person is doing this. He talked about how he thought about quitting many times. He states that while getting you Phd to stay focus and you may need to take a break to rejuvenate yourself. I commented telling Scott that his post was inspirational to me. Although the post was directed towards getting a Phd, I’m experiencing these problems now. I have thought about quitting many times, but I have found the strength to push forward. I thanked Scott for his message in that blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment