Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blog Assignment 11


Ms. Cassidy is a first grade teacher who in my opinion is taking technology in the classroom to an upper level. In her classroom she uses technology to ensure that her students are learning and not using it for simple entertainment. Her students are using blogs, Skype, and Nintendo DS all for education purposes. I was very shocked to see that these young students grasped these concepts and were using them effectively in the classroom. Her students even explained how to comment on blogs in her First graders in Ms. Cassidy's class video.In her Skype interview, Ms. Cassidy explained that she is teaching her students this by choice. She was not forced to use technology in the classroom at this level. I find it outstanding that she takes this upon herself to teach her students in this manner. Upon going into the teaching field, I would take all of these techniques and use them in my classroom. Her approach was very positive and her students are benefiting from the use of technology. I believe as long as the students are learning and it is in a positive way, we should continue the path we are o using. I believe her approach would highly benefit students in the future. I am skeptical about the very young age that she is teaching these students to use Skype and blogging. Teaching them this at a young age can be either negative or positive. I do believe you have to watch these students to ensure that nothing negative is being done with the use of these tools. The positive outcome is that with them learning these tools at this age they have time to learn many more technology tools that others may not have time to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jasmine!
    You did a wonderful job explaining your thoughts and opinions on Ms. Cassidy's videos. I agree with how amazing it is to see such young students grasping the use of today's technology. I also agree with your statement of how careful we as educators have to be with young students using technical tools. We have to protect them at all times. There were a few errors in your post, but you still did a great job. Keep up the good work, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete