Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Assignment 12


For blog post assignment 12 Dr. Strange gave us the chance to choose a blog assignment that we would choose to use in our own area of education. I had to think long and hard about what assignment I could make to relate to elementary education.  I decided that since this blog post was towards the end of all of our assignments that this post should reflect our previous work.


This blog post assignment is for you to reflect on all of your previous readings and videos and decide what you believe are the most important factors to becoming a great elementary teacher. Answering the question of how you will directly incorporate technology into the teaching of elementary students. List one video or blog reading that had the most impact you after taking this class.


The most important factors to me in becoming a great elementary teacher include caring, understanding, listening, and being helpful. I have learned that teachers don’t have enough time to give all students one-on-one time, but I do believe as teachers we should go beyond the basic requirements to teach or students. I plan to dig deep and make sure my students have an understanding of everything that I’m trying to teach them.   The video “Do you teach or do you educate” was a very awaking video to me. I want to be an educator, and this video made me realize this. Being just a simple teacher is not as powerful as becoming an educator in someone’s life. An educator included all of the factors that I planned on using when I became a part of the classroom. My plan to incorporate technology in the classroom greatly includes using the smart board. My first actual time using the smart board was in the class. I learned that it can be used so many ways to teach students. For elementary students, I think it is very important to keep them involved and I believe the smart board does a great job at this. I have witnessed students doing math problems on the smart board in a first grade classroom. I thought this was a great thing that the students were able to become technically involved with the teachers. I also came across a site that can be used to keep the parents, students, and teacher all connected over the internet outside the classroom. I believe I will take this and also apply this to my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jasmine!
    "....important factors to me in becoming a great elementary teacher include caring, understanding, listening, and being helpful."… I think that those are great characteristics of what a teacher should be. The most important factors to me would be preparing our students for the future, and developing life long learners. The Smartboard is always a great tool to use in the classroom. I hope that you will include many other resources such as blogging and podcast. I think that the two could also be very useful in the elementary classroom.

    Overall you have a great post. I did see a few typos but I'm sure it may have been because you were typing too fast. You mentioned a video and a site in you post. It would have been great if you included a clickable link to those in your post.

    ReplyDelete